Thursday, July 27, 2017

Camping at Lake Tahoe, CA


During my vaction in June, the family went to Lake Tahoe.  We'd never been and I was very excited. We camped at DL Bliss State Park.  This park is on the CA side. There are several camp sites on the CA side.  There's another State Park, "Emerald Bay" and severl US Forest Service parks. DL Bliss was closer to the southern side of the lake.  



Here's a picture of our campsite. It was kind of "compact" but there were enough trees where we didn't need an EZ up.  


Also at our site, was a camp stove.  I'd never seen a camp stove like this.  Brent tried to use it but it didn't get hot off. 


I was really impressed with just how blue Lake Tahoe is.  The color was striking.  Our area was woody and green and smelled wonderful.  I was so impressed with the scenery I went ahead and ordered a CA Tahoe state license plate.


Here is a waterfall.  We were at elevation, between 6500 - 7000 feet. Several of the surrounding mountains still had snow on them and it was still melting.  The waterfalls in "emerald bay" were very active. 


Here's the entrance to the Vikingsholm State Park.  It's a steep mile decent to the Vikingshom estate.  It was commissioned in 1928 and built in 1929 by Mrs. Josephine Knight.  She and her husband came from Chicago. 


Here is a view of Vikingsholm.  Mrs. Knight architect traveled to Scandinavia and studied how buildings were made.  His travels inspired the "vikings" house that was built. Mrs. Knight and her husband were known as major backers for Charles Linbergh's solo flight in 1927.  Mrs. Knight used Vikingsholm as a summer home. 


Here my son, Joey, is collecting water from Lake Tahoe as a souvenior.  This is on the CA side.  Sadly, we never got a chance to visit the NV side for him to get his NV souvenior. 


Here's me and my buddy, Grumpy Cat, as we take a cruise on Lake Tahoe.  In the background are the snow covered mountains.  

Enjoy this 99 cent summer romance:  "Journey of the Heart." 


Blurb: Set in Sonoma, CA in 1946, can James help Rachel save her winery or will he drift out of her life the same way he drifted in?

12, 5 Star Reviews on Amazon
The story was compelling and not boring, which is often a stereotype of sweet romances. I would recommend this short sweetie of a story. Good job, author. - Angel E

Excerpt: 
"Your case threatened to run away, so I bribed it." Her sweet expression was an arrow through his heart. 

"Really? What did you bribe it with?" He wiped the sweat off his brow with a handkerchief, caused from a combination of the summer heat and lifting the heavy cases. 

"A job."

He hooked his thumb toward his chest. "Are you offering me a job, Miss Santori?"

BUY LINK: http://amzn.com/B008G1JI6C



9 comments:

  1. Looks like a great campground. We've not done much camping outside of Michigan but I'll have to add it to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures, Steph! It looks very family friendly and peaceful. I had no idea Lake Tahoe was that blue either. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like the ultimate vacation spot. I always enjoy your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for visiting. I'd love to go back to Tahoe. We ran out of time. I was very impressed with it. Lots of fun to be had!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Steph, I went to Lake Tahoe once in January 98, on a business conference. It was snowing the first day, and it turned into a blizzard after that! Never went back again. Thank you for sharing these nice pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I admire your adventurous spirit, but am too old to do without all the luxuries I'm now accustomed to, especially a comfortable bed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you had a good time in a beautiful spot. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great photos! Lake Tahoe is beautiful. Having grown up in the Calif Sierras myself (and camping every summer), your photos are bringing me great memories! It looks like you had a great time-thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete