Saturday, March 8, 2014

Author Interview for A Polish Heart, a 99 cent sweet contemporary romance #authorinterview



Question: Spring and Easter are right around the corner. Your story "A Polish Heart," takes place during the spring. What's it about?

Steph: Darrin Riverton is an American architect who is hired to consult on a 50,000 plus soccer stadium being built in Warsaw, Poland. When he meets his translator, Sophia, he discovers she's a breath of fresh air in his stale life. Can Darrin put aside his apprehension? Will Sofia's faith give him his heart back?

Question: How long did it take you to write?

Steph: About six weeks.

Question: Did you have to do any research?

Steph: I researched the National Stadium being built in Warsaw, Polish Easter customs, and a little about the city itself. Some things I did take fictional liberties with, but I'd like to think that blended into the story well.

Question: How does the cover reflect the story?

Steph: There's a traditional styled Polish Church with a couple on the cover meant to represent Darrin and Sophia. It captures the 'spirit' of the journey Darrin undertakes during Easter.

Question: Sophia is the heroine. What are her strengths? Weaknesses?
 
Inspiration for Sofia
Steph: Sofia knows her mind and is not afraid to speak it. She also adores her family. She has the kind of family Darrin longed for when he was little. She also doesn't see much gray in the world. She'd very black and white and needs to see people and situations in a broader light.

Question: What does Darrin like about Sofia?

Steph: She's not afraid to be who she is. Darrin realizes its time to do the same.

Question: What was the inspiration behind the story?

Steph: I wanted to set the story in a country that was known to have strong Easter traditions. I remember growing up, my family was Polish and drew on rich Polish customs to make Easter special for us kids. My grandmother would make lamb and ham and we'd have pierogi along with homemade bread and beets. We never blessed the Easter basket though. That's something I started recently with my boys.

Question: What's your writing space like?

Steph: I use the dining room table. My Mac is surrounded by all kinds of paper, pens, notes, and stickies. The coffee pot is within arms reach.

Question: Do you have an ebook reader? If so, which one?

Steph: I have a Kindle, 2nd generation and I love it. I also have a Kindle Fire, but I prefer that one to play apps like Angry Birds and play movies.

Question: What do you do when you're not writing?

Steph: Marketing! No, seriously, I'm an assistant den leader for my son's cub scouting den and I love it. I get to do cool scouting things with my son. We're always seeing new things.

QUESTION FOR YOU: What are your favorite Easter foods?  Share your yummies!


Author Bio: Stephanie Burkhart is a 911 dispatcher for LAPD. She loves chocolate, enjoys coffee, and going to the movies. Her favorite Disney movie is "Frozen."  She's published with Victory Tales Press, 4RV Publishing, and Desert Breeze Publishing.

Opening Line for A Polish Heart : This was going to be the most challenging thing he'd ever done in his life. 

BUY LINKS:
AMAZON:

BARNES & NOBLE:

SMASHWORDS:

Find me on the Web at:
FIND ME ON THE WEB AT:
WEBSITE:

TWITTER:

FACEBOOK:
https://www.facebook.com/StephanieBurkhartAuthor

GOOD READS:

YOU TUBE CHANNEL:

PINTEREST:
http://pinterest.com/sgburkhart/



No comments:

Post a Comment