Monday, September 16, 2013

September is National Honey Month!




Honey has a lot of uses. It's been around since the earliest civilizations including the ancient Egyptians and Greece. Trust me, a little honey goes a long way so I thought I'd share some cool facts about honey and bees with you. I hope you enjoy National Honey Month!

Almonds rely 100% on honeybee pollination.

Apples, avocados, blueberries, cranberries, cherries, and sunflowers rely 90% on honeybee pollination.

Honey can taste different based on the flower and insect.

Honey is a safe and cheap alternative to use as a cough suppressant.

Honey is a natural energy booster.

Bees fly at 15 mph.

A Queen bee lays up to 1500 eggs a day.

I don't have very many honey recipes, but I do like to put it in my tea and use it as a cough suppressant. Do you use honey in your cooking? Do you have and recipes or tips you'd like to share?

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to enjoy a nip of honey this month. 

No comments:

Post a Comment