Friday, September 23, 2011

Welcome Jami Davenport & The Seahawks to the Football Blog Stop Tour


STEPH: Who's your favorite football team? How long have you been a fan?

JAMI: The Seattle Seahawks. I’ve been a fan since their birth in 1976.

STEPH: Who's your favorite player "playing" right now? Why?

JAMI: That’s a tough one, as most the veterans on the team are gone. I guess I’d have to say Marcus Trufant because he’s a hometown boy. If you’re talking football player among all the teams, I’ve come to like Aaron Rodgers, especially since he’s my fantasy football quarterback, and it’s looking pretty good so far.

STEPH: Who's your favorite all time player?

JAMI: That would be Jim Zorn. I remember the Seahawk’s first years when didn’t stand a chance, yet Zorn and Largent always seemed to pull a rabbit out of their hats and win games they had no business winning. I loved it back in those days because it was exciting to watch them, and you never knew what was coming next.

STEPH: Who's the Seahawks "evil" nemsis?

JAMI: When we were in the AFC West, it was Oakland Raiders. We had season tickets back in those days, and we loved to hate those Raiders. Now, I’d have to say the St. Louis Rams, but it’s not the same.

STEPH: Ever been to a football game? What's it like?



JAMI: Yes, we had season tickets for years when the Hawks still played in the King Dome. If you’ve never been at a home Seahawk game, you have no idea why the 12th man is called the loudest fans in the league. Believe me, we deserve that honor. I’ve left games with my ears ringing and my head pounding. I swear I don’t hear very well because of those games. I’ve screamed myself hoarse at just about every game.

STEPH: Do you own a jersey?

JAMI: Two, which I bought last year, and neither player is on the team this year (Hasselbeck and Tatupu). L

STEPH: What's your favorite food to eat during the game?

JAMI: A hot dog, what else?

REVIEWS:

"I got sucked into this book. I mean, hook line and sinker sucked in. I was deeply invested in these characters. Hooked folks, I'm positively hooked."--Recommended Read from Wendy, the Super Librarian



"The ending was heartrending and I loved reading my way through the football season with a player who had lost his mojo." -- Jane Litte via Goodreads

"I am thoroughly impressed with Ms. Davenport's ability to instill escapism in her story. For the duration, I was consumed with her tale of two friends to lovers intertwined with football." -- Top Pick from Yadira, Night Owl Reviews

"Romance so real that you feel you are there."--Trixie, Blackravens Reviews

"With sultry and inventive sex scenes, heart-breaking sorrow, nail-biting football plays and a cast that is captivating and engaging, Fourth and Goal is a winner!" -- Whipped Cream Reviews

BLURB:

In a game played on and off the field, only one of them will emerge the winner.

Armed with an uncanny ability for evaluating football talent, a dogged determination to succeed in a man’s world, and an empty bank account, Rachel McCormick agrees to help struggling wide receiver Derek Ramsey get his game back. Rachel believes Derek, her former best friend and lover, knows the truth behind the points-shaving scandal which ruined her father. She vows to expose the secret even if it destroys Derek in the process.

When Derek’s coach suggests sex as an excellent tension reliever the night before a game, Rachel takes one for the team. The next day, Derek has the best performance of his not-so illustrious pro football career.

As Derek and Rachel rack up nights in bed and other places, the team racks up wins on the field. Rachel is torn between her loyalty to her father and her growing affection for Derek. Now it’s fourth and goal, one second left on the clock. Their hearts are on the line. Do they trust each other enough to go for the long bomb or do they get dropped for a loss?

BUY LINKS:

Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Fourth-and-Goal-ebook/dp/B0058OISKC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&m=AG56TWVU5XWC2&s=digital-text&qid=1309397788&sr=1-1

ARE:
http://www.allromanceebooks.com/product-fourthandgoal-568632-144.html

Fictionwise:
http://www.fictionwise.com/ebooks/b123820/Fourth-and-Goal/Jami-Davenport/?si=0

Sony:
http://ebookstore.sony.com/ebook/jami-davenport/fourth-and-goal/_/R-400000000000000377302

Loose id:
http://www.loose-id.com/Our-Authors/Jami-Davenport/

Barnes and Noble:
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/fourth-and-goal-jami-davenport/1100215587?ean=9781611184051&itm=6&usri=

No comments:

Post a Comment