Tuesday, February 9, 2010

What I'm Reading Tuesday - Not Just Make Believe


I love Sandra Sookoo. Shshshs... Don't let Sandi know I'm a BIG fan. haha. No, seriously, This is the first book I've read by Sandi and I am enjoying it very much.

Not Just Make Believe was released in DEC 2009 by Desert Breeze and it was a book I wanted to read right away, but I couldn't get to it until now.

In the novel, Andrea Petercheff is an assistant manager to a fancy hotel in Indianapolis. The story takes place during the Christmas season. What I love about Andrea is that she's not your typical heroine. She's 5'4', 170, and has a very defensive attitude, but I think that's just her mask she presents to the world. Inside, she's a softie, but it's going to take a lot to bring that out.

Andrea gets "assigned" to watch a 9 year old who is a terror - Piper - while her guardian, Uncle Max goes across the pond on business. And Piper is a pistol. She keeps Andrea on her toes.

Uncle Max comes back early and to Andrea's shock, he finds her intriguing. Andrea tries to put him off, but they share quite a kiss when the elevator gets stuck.

Mind you, I'm still readiing, so I'm anxious to find out what happens next.

What I love about this book is how strong the first person perspective is. It's quirky, human, endearing, and fun, capturing difficult situations in a lighthearted way.

I'm not finished, but I highly recommend this book - even when it's not Christmas.

2 comments:

  1. LOL I'm so glad you're enjoying it so much. It was one of those book of the heart stories :-) And I love writing in the first person :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see you pop in, Sandra. I guess you found me out. You are fabulous at writing in the first person - don't stop!

    Smiles
    Steph

    ReplyDelete